Last modified: February 6, 2015
Applied Diagnostics values and protects your privacy. We thank you for the trust you place in us and we want you to know the information you share with us will be treated with care.
The objective of this Legal Notice is to disclose and explain what information we collect, use, and share and to explain the privacy choices that you can make.
If you have any questions about this Legal Notice, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at:
140 Business Center Drive, Suite 370
Houston, TX 77043
No persons under 17
If you are under age 17, please do not attempt to use this website for Applied Diagnostics, register for an account, or otherwise provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a person under age 17, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a person under age 17, please contact us.
This website does not provide medical advice
Any information or content contained on or made available through the Site, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from Applied Diagnostics’ licensors, and other material contained on the Site, is not intended to and does not constitute professional medical advice, recommendations or counseling under any circumstance, and no health professional-patient relationship is formed nor intended to be formed between Applied Diagnostics, its partners, affiliates, agents or employees and the users of the Site. We do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to this Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is at your own election and at your own risk.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Site. If you believe you may have a medical emergency, immediately call 911 or your local physician. Applieddiagnostics.com does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Again, reliance on any information provided by applieddiagnostics.com its employees, or others appearing on the Site is solely at your own risk.
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you contact Applied Diagnostics, we may ask you for personal information (name, email, status, etc.) in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- Transactional information – When health professionals visit applieddiagnostics.com to access patient information, we retain details of interactions made via applieddiagnostics.com in order to provide better service and security.
- Cookies – When you visit Applied Diagnostics, we send one or more cookies (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) as does virtually every site on the Internet. We use such cookies to improve the quality of our service, including for storing user preferences, making logins easier, improving recommendation engine results, and tracking user trends, such as what content and features people use. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use Applied Diagnostics.
- Server logs – When you access Applied Diagnostics services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with applieddiagnostics.com, Internet Protocol address, device type, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Applied Diagnostics, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Partners and third party applications – We may institute programs with partners and other websites in which they tell us how users respond to the presentation of information we share. This helps us measure our effectiveness and improve the quality of the website you see. Applied Diagnostics may make available third party applications, such as remote script libraries or other feature extensions, through its services. Information collected by the third party application provider is governed by their privacy policies.
- Other sites – This Legal Notice applies to Applied Diagnostics services only. We do not exercise control over the external sites which may be linked to or which may offer integrated feature or assets. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe and efficient experience. We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support.
We may use the information we collect to try to:
- Ensure the security of private health data
- Provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience
- Improve our services and develop new services
- Contact you with essential service-related announcements
- Deliver content you've requested
- Protect the rights or property of Applied Diagnostics and our users
- Maintain our system integrity and availability
- Detect and prevent spam
- Enforce our policies and prevent potentially illegal activities
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Applied Diagnostics processes personal information on our servers in the United States.
Applied Diagnostics keeps your health information private. We believe everyone has the right to privacy regarding personal health care information.
Applied Diagnostics has reviewed the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) to ensure full and timely compliance of our systems and procedures with applicable requirements.
The privacy and security provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) require us to:
- Make sure any health information which identifies you is kept private
- Make available this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices pertaining to your health information
- Follow the terms of the legal notice currently in effect
Applied Diagnostics has reviewed the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information promulgated by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) pursuant to HIPAA and is complying with these regulations for impacted services.
This notice applies to all records generated or received by Applied Diagnostics, whether we document the health information or another provider shares it with us.
Your email address may be required to register for certain features on Applied Diagnostics’ website.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information sharing by Applied Diagnostics
Applied Diagnostics only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Applied Diagnostics in the following limited circumstances:
- We require written consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Legal Notice and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating our policies. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities in order to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Applied Diagnostics, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Applied Diagnostics makes no guarantee against unauthorized access to any information you provide.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Applied Diagnostics developers and employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Applied Diagnostics regularly reviews its compliance with this Legal Notice. When we receive formal written complaints, it is Applied Diagnostics’ policy to contact the complaining user regarding their concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including relevant data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Applied Diagnostics and an individual.
Changes to this Legal Notice
Please note that this Legal Notice may change from time to time. We will post any Legal Notice changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Legal Notice changes).
How can we help?
Information for physicians and medical staffGet more info
New & Known
What’s happening in oncologyLearn more
Be a part of helping us to save livesStart helping today