We're here for you

Applied Diagnostics believes peace of mind is an important part of the healing process. As such, we are committed to working with your patients and medical staff to make these important tests available and affordable. This is an ongoing effort that is supported by our belief in our mission and values

Billing categories

Direct Client Billing – Applied Diagnostics Clients will be billed monthly by an itemized invoice that includes the date, patients name, accession number, test(s) performed, and the test fees for each specimen completed during the month. Please note that these invoices are payable upon receipt.

Medicare Billing – Medicare is a national health insurance program for:

  • Individuals age 65 or older
  • Individuals under age 65 with certain disabilities, and
  • Individuals of all ages with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant).

Medicare reimburses procedures at 80% of the fee schedule amount and patient is responsible for the remaining 20% coinsurance and any deductible amounts. Applied Diagnostics is a participating provider with Medicare. Applied Diagnostics accepts assignment on all claims submitted to Medicare programs.

Medicaid Billing - Applied Diagnostics is a participating provider with Medicaid. Medicaid is the State and Federal cooperative venture that provides medical assistance to eligible persons. The purpose of Medicaid is to improve the health of individuals who might otherwise go without medical care for themselves and their children. The Health and Human Services Commission's (HHSC) Medicaid Office is responsible for statewide oversight of each State Medicaid program. Patients should be asked at the time of service if there is other coverage, such as Medicare, Medicaid Managed Care or private insurance. When applicable, any Medicare, private insurance, or managed care (HMO) information should also be provided.

Third Party Billing – Applied Diagnostics Laboratories is enrolled with a large number of private insurance companies and managed care organizations. For those insurance companies and managed care organizations where an agreement does not exist with Applied Diagnostics, we will still submit a claim to those carriers.

As a service to patients and in compliance with agreements established with insurance and managed care companies, Applied Diagnostics will bill the patient’s primary insurance or managed care organization directly when provided with complete and accurate billing information.

Patient Billing – Patient statements are sent monthly by an itemized invoice that includes the date of service, account number, test(s) performed, and the test fees for each specimen completed, ordering physician and any documentation of payment and/or denial by insurance companies.

We do our best to attain reimbursement from insurance companies without contacting the patient. In addition, in accordance with our friendly Patient Billing Policy, we offer a prompt pay discount, arrangements for payment plans, and accommodations for financial hardship.

For more information, please contact:

 

Applied Diagnostics
Billing Department
1140 Business Center Drive
Suite 370
Houston, Texas 77043

Telephone: 713-271-4133
Toll Free: 1-855-ADX-TEST (1-855-239-8378)
Fax: 713-271-6885

How can we help?

Information for physicians and medical staff

Get more info

New & Known

What’s happening in oncology

Learn more

We’re hiring!

Be a part of helping us to save lives

Start helping today
Billing questions?